Saturday, October 02, 2010

Salmon Run

Andy | Saturday, October 02, 2010 | Best Blogger Tips

Every fall the salmon get the urge to mate. These ones have made their way up the Bowmanville Creek from Lake Ontario to the dam.

********************************


The fish ladder makes it possible for the fish to move up past the dam. Notice the fish to the right of the ladder. They jumped to the wrong spot and ended up dying.
********************************


They look like an easy catch but not so. Of course if you do it the illegal way (snagging or scooping) they don't stand a chance.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog so I could find you. I am forwarding the link to my husband, the outdoorsman, who will find your salmon post quite interesting.

    You have been blogging for quite awhile -- I'm a newbie. I like the width of your photos here and may play around with the format on mine...

    Have a great weekend!
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating. California is trying really hard to restore its salmon runs, but so far not much success. It's nice to see them moving upstream as they should.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive