Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Freak Lunchbox Mural

Andy | Wednesday, September 28, 2016 | Best Blogger Tips
An international online urban art collective has named Halifax’s Freak Lunchbox Candy Store co-owner Erin Smith's mural as one of its top 20 best murals of 2015. The colourful piece covering the George Street side of the candy store’s building came in at No. 14 in the "All City Canvas" top 20 picks from around the world. Montreal mural artist Jason Botkin created the piece in collaboration with Erin Smith. It took him five and a half days to complete the work.

17 comments:

  1. Eat and be eaten. Very nice mural Andy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant not sure who is worried more the fish or the bird. Great mural

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy, this is a truly remarkable mural! I agree with your comment today on my post re taking the stealth photos of shoes and legs. I can get away with it because I am a woman and because of my age. As I was taking the photos, other diners waiting and sitting on benches with me watched and smiled yet none of them joined me in taking the pictures. Of course I did it discreetly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice mural and it took only five days complete which is quite impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting. Certainly full of power and energy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's very cool! Love the bright colors and tentacles extending outward. I also like that the artist incorporated candy into the mural, since the building is a candy store.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing---- I really don't know how these people manage to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's an amazing piece of art. It has so much color and movement. I also like how the octopus extends beyond the edge of the piece and how the candy is tucked in around the edges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, it is pretty nice. I wonder how they decide on the rankings.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive